slipstreaming my anachronistic surreal consciousness - sharing with you my multiple epiphanies that were spawned while sitting on my porcelain throne (these are the ones I didn't flush) "don't believe everything you thinkā€¦"

Monday, October 13, 2003

A Flock Of Seagulls

was one of Jeff's 1st favorite bands.

I think that Paul Reynolds is one of the best electric guitarists during that decade. He wasn't dependent on metal distortion to sound good. The band sucked after he left them. I believe that the only reason why they won a Grammy for their instrumental "D.N.A." was because of Paul Reynolds. Try listening to the song and isolate the guitar, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

My favorite album is their 3rd and the last one that Paul Reynolds was a part of, "The Story of a Young Heart". I liked how Jeff described it as a story book {the songs were like chapters and that the end of the last track was a fading of the intro of the 1st track (signifying "coming to a full circle") the only other album that I know of that does this is "Empires" by VNV Nation}. The only song I didn't like in that album was "European (I Wish I Was)".

Update NEWS Flash!!! The original line-up reunited on the 27th for VH1 and the show will air on January 2004!!! All I can say is, "WOW!!!"
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License