slipstreaming my anachronistic surreal consciousness - sharing with you my multiple epiphanies that were spawned while sitting on my porcelain throne (these are the ones I didn't flush) "don't believe everything you thinkā€¦"

Sunday, September 14, 2003

"Millennium Epilogue" an e-mail I sent on 12-28-1999

(someone reminded me about this e-mail and suggested that it was worth posting...)

Happy New Millennium!!!

It's kinda neat to think that the next time ANYONE could ever say that again would be on 3000 A.D. (provided that the current calendar is still applicable then).

I think that I'd be lucky enough to live till 2050 A.D.
I wonder what life would be like then?

20 yrs. ago, I had wondered what the world would be like during the New Millennium (Y2K)... I wondered what life in general would be like and what my life would be like... I don't have to wonder anymore. I am grateful that I am still alive to know what life is like now.

Life isn't exactly the "Star Trek" that I'd like it to be... Though, even back then, I knew that it wasn't realistically possible for it to ever be that way, in my lifetime... Well, the Internet will suffice.

Back in my "salad days", I've had my share of my own quasi-megalomania... I was a Utopian. Now, I'd like to think that I'm a Realist.


Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."
-Buckaroo Banzai

"Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own."
-Sydney J. Harris

"I prefer tongue-tied knowledge to ignorant loquacity."
-Cicero

"My mother groan'd, my father wept,
Into the dangerous world I leapt."
-William Blake

"If you're naturally kind, you attract a lot of people you don't like."
-William Feather

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."
-Fred Allen

"The true pleasure of life is to live with your inferiors."
-W. M. Thackeray

"Impartial: Unable to perceive any promise of a personal advantage from espousing either side of a controversy."
-Ambrose Bierce

"Egotist: A person of low taste, more interested in himself than me."
-Ambrose Bierce

"The only thing that can stop hair falling is the floor."
-Will Rogers

"It is better to have loafed and lost than never to have loafed at all."
-James Thurber

Here's hoping that you have lots of FUN on your Millennium Celebration!!!


Here's an interesting article to read for the end of this Millennium:
The 20th Century's Brightest Stars And Biggest Moments

Here are some interesting sites about calendars:
The Calendar Zone
The Calendar FAQs
Calendars And Their Histories
Chinese Calendar
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License