slipstreaming my anachronistic surreal consciousness - sharing with you my multiple epiphanies that were spawned while sitting on my porcelain throne (these are the ones I didn't flush) "don't believe everything you thinkā€¦"

Monday, September 29, 2003

Club Dredd 2

Leigh's (a better poet & writer than I) reminded me, with her blog post, about the Kris Aquino poems I used to write & read at Club Dredd.

Kris Aquino was such an easy target because she's a sanctimonious hypocrite. And honestly, despite all these years, she's still a bad actress. I've seen better b-movie stars. There was a time that it was just too easy to write about her and even though the audience demanded for more (it always brought down the house), I just had to decline. It's when she got pregnant out of wedlock, months after denouncing premarital sex. How is easy is that?

The audience enjoyed my punk poetry. But that voice has long left me.

I basically wrote more than 80% of my poems the hour before I read them. I'm not sure if Leigh remembers but I'd walk in Club Dredd with my blank yellow pad and a ball pen and just start to write my material for the night. I would write my poems before & during readings of others. Writing poetry in Club Dredd just seemed to come naturally (either that or I had to pay for the cover charge).
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License