slipstreaming my anachronistic surreal consciousness - sharing with you my multiple epiphanies that were spawned while sitting on my porcelain throne (these are the ones I didn't flush) "don't believe everything you think…"

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Firefox


this is my customized toolbar settings for Firefox (Fx).

I finally decided to try Fx for the 1st time, yesterday…

I've been resistant to anything I've considered as redundant software 'coz of harddrive space… but now, security issues have superseded my resistance… and, so far, so good… and 2 (or more) browsers are definitely better than 1!

I believe that Fx, Internet Explorer (IE), & Opera use their own browser engine… but, I think, Netscape's usin' Fx's engine (so don't bother installin' Fx, if you've got Netscape's latest version)…

I never bothered to use Opera's free (ad-sponsored) version 'coz it was known to have some sort of tracking (similar to adware) built into it… so, I've never trusted Opera's free version… and, I still don't… and, I don't think that it's worth (currently $39) purchasin' the regular version…

bein' a wannabe tech geek, I've heard about Fx prior to it's official release… however, I've decided to do a "wait-and-see" approach before tryin' it… sure enough, a month (or so) after its official release, there was a security issue… but, I haven't heard about ANY, since then… I'm sure, just like ALL other software products, there'll be more bugs that will eventually be discovered as more users, hackers & crackers discover them… but hey, after tryin' Fx, I definitely can say that it feels safer than IE…

my IE will be for trusted sites that need to use plug-ins & scripts…

I've set my Fx to the highest security settings (Safe Mode) and I'll be using it to test sites for compatibility and security…

Fx may be buggy which is okay 'coz they're still in version 1 (compared to IE, which is currently version 6.x.x.x; and, Opera's version is 7.x.x)… BUT, I still recommend that EVERYONE should use Firefox! AND, I think that it's best to keep your other web browser(s)… Fx & other non-IE browsers either won't or can't view/use certain features from other sites… someday, either those sites will be modified to view properly with other browsers or the other browsers will have more features to make it possible to view/use other sites… Posted by Hello
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License