slipstreaming my anachronistic surreal consciousness - sharing with you my multiple epiphanies that were spawned while sitting on my porcelain throne (these are the ones I didn't flush) "don't believe everything you think…"

Sunday, October 12, 2003

weekend review

this weekend started on Thursday with my visiting 2nd cousin, "Bea"...

Thursday: I picked-up my cousin around 1:20pm at JFK then parked the car at Jamaica and took the E Subway to 50 St. and walked down to Times Square. We then tried to watch Mama Mia! but it was booked. So, the other options were Beauty and the Beast or The Lion King. We stumbled on Popcorn, Indiana and I just had to buy the Caramel Chocolate Chunk because I've never heard of nor seen chocolate covered popcorn; it was worth it! We 1st tried to check Beauty and the Beast and when we found out that there were available seats, I bought 2 immediately. That was around 6pm and the show starts at 8pm. So we decided to walk around Times Square. We walked into the world's largest toy store, "Toys "R" Us". Then walked to Virgin Megastore and I bought 2 CDs. After that, we ate at Famous Famiglia Pizzeria. We tried to look for the closest H&M (one of my favorite clothing store) & HMV but ended-up at The Gap and I bought 4 shirts and we sort of learned about where the closest H&M & HMV could be. After the show, we tried again to look for the closest H&M & HMV based on the information given to us at The Gap. We didn't find both and ended-up walking to Rockefeller Center and saw the opening night of the ice skating rink.

Friday: We were supposed to go to the Statue Of Liberty and Ellis Island early in the morning but we took the 2:11pm train from Ronkonkoma and we missed the last ferry by 10min., which left at 4pm. So we just walked to the WTC Ground Zero. Then we went back to Times Square. Later, went to HMV and I bought 2 CDs which got left behind at Ruby Foo's (the food was good but expensive). Luckily, when I called them on the train back home, they said they found them and that they would mail them back to me.

I wasn't too sure, if I wanted to add this part; I nearly got into a fight before having dinner at Ruby Foo's. I left my cousin and her aunt at Ruby Foo's around 8pm because we had another 30min. before we were to be seated. I decided to go to FYE just to browse for more CDs. On my way there, I felt my hypoglycemia and I knew that I really couldn't stay long. So, when I got there, I quickly browsed the CDs. While I was looking at some CDs in the letter "M" section, I heard someone say "Excuse me." followed by a push. I was stunned by what just happened. Who does that? Who says, "Excuse me." and then pushes the person. I know for a fact that the isle was wide enough for him to pass me by. So, I decided to go after him and confront him. We were less than half a foot away from each other, it was close enough to determine that he didn't have halitosis. He's a black man who's an inch or two taller than me and with a larger frame & broader shoulders. I asked him, "What was that for?" And, his reply was, "Because you didn't respect me! You didn't move fast enough, when I said, "Excuse me!'" When I said that the isle was wide enough, he said it wasn't. So, we got into a loud argument in the store. He kept insisting that I didn't respect him. Then I said, "You know what? You're a dick!" He then said that he wanted to fight me. All this time, my heart surprisingly remained calm (which I believe was because of my hypoglycemia). I don't think that he wanted to purchase what he was holding but to save face and to look like a paying customer, he went in line to pay for his CD. During that time, I followed him and continued to argue with him, still less than half a foot of distance. He said to me, "You don't even know who I am and what I'm capable of doing!" My reply was, "So?" I even demonstrated to everyone watching what he did to me. I asked him, "Who does this? Who says 'Excuse me.' and pushes right after?" (and I pushed him the same manner he pushed me in front of the others watching). He was now more adamant in wanting to fight me. He then said, "You're lucky I'm a decent black man. If it were any black man, you'd have your as kicked right now!" I then replied, "So?" He said, "Let's fight outside, I don't want to get arrested again!" When I got him angrier, he said, "Take your coward ass outside after I purchase my CD! We'll take this outside!" And still, surprisingly, my heart remained calm. It didn't matter to me, what the outcome of the fight was going to be. I didn't care, if I was going to get beaten-up. But, if I was winning, I probably would kill him. All I was concerned about was that I was going to be late for dinner and I might have to call from jail. So, he steps outside. I then asked the cash register, "Do you normally have problems like this?" And she said, very seldom. With that, I stepped outside. He was waiting for me and he place down his stuff. We both walked towards each other. He gave me the same argument. I told him, "This has nothing to do with respect because I was just minding my own business and I was oblivious to everything but the CDs in front of me. So, I'm certain this has nothing to do about not respecting you." He couldn't seem to win against the questions I asked him. Finally, I said, "I'm not a mean person. I don't understand what happened nor why it happened. We'll fight, but I'll still won't understand why. Go ahead, take your swing." He was angry but then looked confused and I sense he was trying to hide his fear. And my heart still remained calm. Then, he shouted at me, "Get back in the store!" And, he immediately took his stuff and walked away very quickly. I then shouted back at him, "I'm not going back in there, I'm going to be late!" He didn't turn around to look at me, he just kept walking away faster. I then immediately decided to follow him, I wanted to know, if he was going to turn around; he didn't. When it came to the corner where I had to make a turn opposite of where he was going, I decided not to continue following him. On my way back to dinner, I realized that I think I just scared him away. I think, my continous provoking and my suicidal attitude scared him. I got back to Ruby Foo's by 8:30pm.

Saturday: watched Kill Bill with Brian at PJ Cinemas.
{Borrowing my Friendster Testimonial: "The only one I know who goes to PJ Cinemas, not for: the screen size (because I’ve been to a home theatre that had a larger screen), the audio system (because sometimes it sound like they’re using vinyl records), the proximity (we both live 5-10min. away from it); but for the popcorn. The only time I’ll ever be compelled to drive to a cinema for the popcorn is if they’re serving Popcorn, Indiana’s 'Caramel Chocolate Chunk'."} (it's the 1st movie that I invited him to watch which he was both interested and had the time for)
It's by far, the best and most violent sanguinary action movie ever!!! If you like excessive Monty Python gore (I've never seen so much hemorragic effusion!!!), then watch this movie! The movie was an amalgam of genres that Quentin Tarantino likes. I will most likely buy the soundtrack & DVD.

Sunday: another uneventful rainy Sunday. Just a day to relax.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License