slipstreaming my anachronistic surreal consciousness - sharing with you my multiple epiphanies that were spawned while sitting on my porcelain throne (these are the ones I didn't flush) "don't believe everything you thinkā€¦"

Thursday, October 02, 2003

books I've read verbatim

I can only recall of 5:
"Animal Farm"
(One of the books in the lists of required reading in high-school. I chose it because it was the smallest book. I think that this is probably the only one where the CliffNotes is actually bigger than the book.)

"Jurrasic Park".
{I actually read the book after watching the movie. And, the only reason why I read the book was because my cousin kept raving about it and insisted; plus, I guess I had the time for it. (I'm an extremely slow reader. Kids in 1st grade read faster than me.) The only benefit I got from reading the book is learning about the chaos theory.}

The Griffin & Sabine Trilogy by Nick Bantock
(If you seen these books, then you'd know why I was able to read them verbatim. I wish had just a fraction of Nick Bantock's illustrative talents.)

If Dr. Seuss counts, then these are the ones I think I remember reading:
The Cat in the Hat
The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Green Eggs and Ham
Dr. Seuss's ABC
Hop on Pop
Fox in Socks
Ten Apples Up on Top!
And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street
The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins
Horton Hatches the Egg
Horton Hears a Who!


If you don't know it by now, I don't like reading books.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License