slipstreaming my anachronistic surreal consciousness - sharing with you my multiple epiphanies that were spawned while sitting on my porcelain throne (these are the ones I didn't flush) "don't believe everything you thinkā€¦"

Thursday, September 25, 2003

Underworld 2nd review

I'm usually content with watching a movie once (even if I thought it was good), this movie is one of those exceptions where I felt like I wanted to see it again and as soon as possible. I saw it again with Brian on the 23rd. I'm glad that I watched it again because I caught subtle clues on what the sequel might have.

Definitely, this is now my favorite vampire, werewolf, and 'vampire & werewolf' movie!

I'm glad that this movie wasn't cerebral in any manner and yet it didn't insult your intelligence either. It was almost non-stop action! The story telling was well integrated into the action scenes. Which is way better than being force fed with long philosophical babbles like the way Matrix: Reloaded did. With all the genres that this movie falls into, it should be fun and not cerebral and not insulting to your intelligence. So, this movie was it!

I didn't want to say much on my 1st review because I didn't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

There's a fight scene that topped my former favorite fight scene (which was in "The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" when Aragon slew the Uruk-Hai leader).

The plot: 'vampires vs. werewolves' is nothing new. Even a hybrid between both is nothing new. But, they way they kill each other with guns and special bullets, now that was new to me! Imagine immortals going around killing each other with guns. The concept is funny but the action scenes were awesome! The version of the origin of both vampires & werewolves was new to me but it has similarities to Cain & Abel.

I don't think I gave away much. But, if you've watched it or are going to watch it; let me know, how many hybrids do you think will be at the start of the sequel. I'm guessing 4. But, I think they might not be equal in their powers or strength.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License