slipstreaming my anachronistic surreal consciousness - sharing with you my multiple epiphanies that were spawned while sitting on my porcelain throne (these are the ones I didn't flush) "don't believe everything you thinkā€¦"

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

My Celebrity Sightings

I saw Robin Williams at LAX, when he was still playing "Mork"! He was standing, less than 4' away from me, on the curve, waiting for his ride. When he saw me look at him, he smiled back at me! I wanted to say "Nanoo! Nanoo!" before he got in his ride. But I was just too flabbergasted seeing my favorite TV star face-to-face!

I met Daniel Ash (when he went solo) in an airplane to LAX. I didn't know that he was such a jerk. I went up to say, "Hi!" and he got upset. I asked him, if he was Daniel Ash, and he said, "Yes! What do you want?!?" I said to him, "I like your music in Tones On Tail and Love And Rockets I just wanted to say, 'Hi!' And ask, if it's okay to take a picture." He said, "No!" His band saw what happened and they took pity on me. They said they'd convince him later to take a photo, after we land and get our baggage. They kept to their word but unfortunately, I ran out of film!

Robert Smith was my best contact with a celebrity! He was at Disneyland with his wife & kid(s). I don't know, if they were supposed to be incognito. I wasn't sure, if it was him and neither did the crowd of boys & girls who were already staring and whispering about him. He was fatter than I've ever known him to be. He was dressed in white (black was his normal attire). The only give-away was his hair. So, I decided to walk up to him. We were right in front of the Magic Shop. Nonchalantly, I said, "Hi Are you Robert Smith of the Cure?" And he said, "Yes." Staying indifferent, I said, "That's good. I want to thank you for your music." I shook his hand and walked away. His wife thought it was funny because I was just very casual about the whole manner and she started to laugh. Next thing I hear was the shrieking sounds of boys & girls screaming as they passed me to greet him. I knew I blew his cover; but at least I got to shake his hand. Because his bodyguards rushed him and his family straight into the shop & closed the doors before the crowd got to him.

I saw Penn of Penn & Teller on a sidewalk of the of The New York Public Library in front of the Lions. He was talking to someone and I was just going to cross the street.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License