slipstreaming my anachronistic surreal consciousness - sharing with you my multiple epiphanies that were spawned while sitting on my porcelain throne (these are the ones I didn't flush) "don't believe everything you thinkā€¦"

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

listening to the trees

man dictates
that autumn starts
when Daylight Saving Time ends
and that is
on the last Sunday
of October

but the trees
are whispering otherwise
and they're saying
my wishful thinking
for a St. Martin's summer
or even just
an Indian summer
shall not be

I see it
on the discolored
jagged edges
of their premature
fallen leaves

they will be red soon
when their whispers
turn into screams

I empathize
their winter sentiments.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License