slipstreaming my anachronistic surreal consciousness - sharing with you my multiple epiphanies that were spawned while sitting on my porcelain throne (these are the ones I didn't flush) "don't believe everything you thinkā€¦"

Monday, September 22, 2003

cott'n pick'n minute

the 1st time I heard that expression from my junior high English teacher. When she said it to me, I thought, "Wow. A farm expression." I can't remember what my reaction was when she said it to me. But, I ended-up in the "English For Foreign Students" class, right after she said that expression. Which was cool because there were only 4 of us in the class. And, the teacher for that class was inept. As a matter of fact, I don't recall anything about the teacher for that class. I remember a Russian girl, someone from Asia, and someone who 1st offered me drugs (mind you, never done any & never will; music is my drug alternative) {he was no foreigner but the drugs must've made sound like it}. All I did in that class was read comic books. How is easy is that?

And, you know what's also "inconceivable"? I was a library assistant {who was taking "English For Foreign Students" class (ha-ha-ha)}. Someone told me that it was the easiest class to take (next to home economics) but they only take 2 per semester. I was lucky enough to be selected. And, I used my time there to do homework and read all the mythology & monster books that interested me. So, I became well versed in Greek/Roman & Norse (and some Egyptian) mythologies.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License