slipstreaming my anachronistic surreal consciousness - sharing with you my multiple epiphanies that were spawned while sitting on my porcelain throne (these are the ones I didn't flush) "don't believe everything you thinkā€¦"

Saturday, September 13, 2003

1st 'current' movie review

thirteen was the heaviest movie I've ever watched, to date. It's the best movie I've seen Holly Hunter in. And, that new kid actress, Evan Rachel Wood, is a rising star.

I've seen a few of reviews about the movie, prior to watching it. I probably wouldn't have watched it on my own, since I avoid drama (in all it's forms) like a plague. But, Brian was curious and so was I.

Synopsis: It's about a white trash 13 yrs. old girl.

I felt like I got pulled into the drama, like drowning into a whirlpool. The movie felt very indie. The film quality looked low budget; but it worked well for the movie. There was a certain raw power about it that you could feel. It felt like nothing was held back. Caution: This is not a feel good movie. You're not walking out with a smile.

Brian & I agreed that middle school (a.k.a. junior high) was our worst childhood years because it's when kids are at their peak of cruelty. Brian said his middle school wasn't as bad as the one depicted in the movie. Being from the L.A. County area, mine was like the movie.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License